Archive for social media marketing
Here’s Tip #3 of the Ten Tips Series on How to Get Clients Using Online Marketing Strategies
In this video we talk about one of the best and most effective ways to get clients using online marketing strategies – Social Media.
Let me know what you think of the video in the comments section below or in the comments on YouTube – Enjoy!
If you’re wondering how to use Twitter for business, check out these pointers:
Many business owners are really perplexed by Twitter and how to use it for their business, but the ones that ‘get it’ have had tremendous success connecting with people, building relationships, making sales and landing clients. I’m one of the ones who gets it. I’ve had all kinds of business develop out of Twitter, including a 1231% increase in sales over a 4 week period doing a special promotion using only Twitter – it seems totally fantastical to most people, but it’s true.
When you start to dig in and learn how to use twitter for business, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Twitter is a SOCIAL network: You need to be sociable, you need to interact and you need to share on your account as a person, not just a business. There is room for promoting and sales, of course, but it has to be part of an overall strategy of engaging, sharing and supporting your followers so they become prospects.
- You must be Active and Consistent: Twitter moves really fast, so you need to be active pretty much daily. It doesn’t have to be every single day, but the more active you are the more success you will begin to see. Being on Twitter and active daily doesn’t have to be a big deal either, if you have the right tools. Check out this complimentary webinar to learn about some of the tools I use to have a very active Twitter account and make consistent sales in just 12 minutes a day.
- Share GREAT Content: As you are digging in and learning how to use twitter for business, you will hear everyone say this. There’s a reason they all are… it’s really true: Content Is King on the internet. If you want to build a successful online business, you need to be creating GREAT content that helps your prospects. When you do, they will be more interested in continuing to engage with you and learn from you… which eventually leads to sales. I can hear some of you now, “But, I have a product based business and I don’t have anything to share or teach…” It’s completely untrue. As you engage your prospects and clients listen to the questions they ask. Those questions are the same questions other prospects will have, and they can form the basis for your content – either free or paid. Consider doing a survey to find out more about what your prospects and clients want to know – you can even set one up online for free using a tool like SurveyMonkey and then use Twitter to send people there on a regular basis to collect information.
So, remember, as you are learning how to use twitter for business, start by focusing on these three things. Check out the complimentary webinar to get some more ideas (including a detailed list of many of the things you can Tweet about – it’s one of the biggest questions I get – “What the heck am I supposed to say on Twitter?”)
One of the things you want to focus on when using social media for marketing is creating what’s known as ‘top of mind’ awareness in your prospects and client’s minds.
Top of mind awareness’ is when you are consistently in front of your prospect or client, so that when the need or desire arises for the product or service you offer, you are the one they think of.
A few quick steps to creating this coveted ‘top of mind awareness’ as you start using social media for marketing your business:
- Be Super Consistent: Being consistent is KEY to making sure you are there in their head when they’re in the market for what you’ve got (I just used every form of ‘their’ ‘there’ and ‘they’re’ in only 6 words… wow. )
- Share Relevant and Interesting Content: Seems like a no-brainer, but many people still miss the mark on this one. And, it doesn’t have to be YOU content – you can share what I call ‘complimentary content’ as well.
- Spread It Around: Be sure to spread your content around to a variety of social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and more.
- Interact: One of the best ways I can think of to make sure you stay ‘top of mind’ is to interact consistently. Don’t just stand on your soap box and yell about your wares, be a real person when you are using social media for marketing
- Build Relationships: Can’t say this enough. Be personal and personable, take the time to support people, comment on their stuff, share it with your audience if it makes sense. It’s amazing how far this can go to helping you build your business success.
In short, the same things that will create overall success (and SALES!) using social media for marketing, will help you create the ‘top of mind awareness’ you need. Follow these 5 steps and you’ll be thrilled with the results.
Did you know that despite some ‘common wisdom’ to the contrary, it is actually possible to sell your products and services directly through marketing on twitter?
Perhaps the fact that I used the phrase ‘common wisdom’ lets you know what I think of the idea that you can’t, or shouldn’t, market your small business and sell your products and services on twitter. There is no such thing as ‘common wisdom’! Well, not much anyway. Most things that the majority of people think fit into that category is more like a ‘common mediocre idea’ – far from ‘wisdom’.
The reason I take that stand is, to me, if close to 98% (probably even more) of all the people in the world do not have the money or business success that they desire, then how can the ‘common wisdom’ they subscribe to bring success to you?
In order to be successful, you must think outside of the box. You have to look at what the ‘average’ small business person or entrepreneur is doing and do something different. If you do the same thing, you’ll get what they are getting… and I doubt that’s why you went into business, is it?
So, when it comes to marketing on twitter, you have to look to the people that are really building success. There are some major ones too… for example, Gary Vaynerchuk (Twitter handle: GaryVee) – he has used marketing on twitter as an extremely powerful piece of his overall marketing strategy – and over the course of the last 4-5 years, he has build a HUGE platform. His twitter followers RAVE about him, and watch his tweets carefully – you should too. You can get lots of ideas from someone who has figured out how to make it work for them.
And, if you are interested in learning more about how to use twitter for marketing, then you’ll want to check out this twitter guide – it’s a free webinar that covers everything from WHY you need to be on Twitter to WHAT, exactly, you should tweet about. Even more importantly it starts to get into the twitter tools that are so essential to building success on Twitter. Without them, you many find that marketing on Twitter is really, really hard.
So, here’s the link again (it’s on a sister site to this one) –Twitter Guide – go on and check it out. You’ll be VERY glad you did (what I figured out about marketing on twitter got me a 1231% increase in sales over a 4 week period of time… it WORKS.) And, here’s a post where you can find some more keys to successful marketing on twitter.